This page is devoted to the 5-th Students’ Business Olympiad arranged in spring 2009. All the main information, stages, activities and results are placed on this page in a short format. You can contact Mr. Tariel ZIVZIVADZE, the author and project manager for more detailed information anytime.
** Georgian-American University [GAU]
** International School of Economics [ISET]
** International Black Sea University [IBSU]
** Caucasus University [CU]
** Caucasus Academic Center [CAC]
** G. Robakidze University [Alma Mater]
** University of Georgia [UG]
** Kutaisi University [UNIK]
** Business Conference – http://www.conference.ge
** MARNET Associates LLC
1. SBO5 was conducted via Internet, including the team registration process, the simulation and all the communication with the program administrator;
2. B-STRAT – the strategic business simulation was the engine of the SBO5. The students’ teams created their virtual business companies in the simulated business environment, produced and sold their branded products on the simulated market, made virtual money and won. The 100% objectivity of the evaluation was ensured as the computer program was the only evaluator;
3. SBO5 was the team/individual competition. Top 20 students received certificates. The prize fund of GEL 600 was defined for the top three winners;
SBO5 was running through the spring 2009 and lasted for approximately 3 months. The activities were:
1) Registration period;
2) Meetings with the students at different Universities;
3) Conducting B-STRAT simulation.
More than 200 students in 57 student teams took part in the SBO.
Terms of participation
All the students of the Bachelor and Master programs could take part in the SBO through creating their team of up to 4 students and registering. The registration fee for all the teams [there was no fee for partner University students] was GEL 50 [USD 32] per team.
All registrants had to be the students at the moment of registration.
Winners and Prizes
Mr. George Jokhadze, the student of the International School of Economics at TSU won the SBO5.
The top 20 winners of the ISBO got the certificates of highest quality. The students winning the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5-th places had the place indicated in the certificate;
The 600 GEL price fund was distributed to three winners. They got 300, 200 and 100 GEL.
All the prizes were issued after the completion of the ISBO5.
** Winner List
** SBO5 Presentation